08 February 2011

Just a Thought

I have been doing a LOT of thinking lately. About life, love and the pursuit of happiness- in its various forms including this blog.

Since I started this blog I have been 'searching' to create its identity. That is probably most evident by the sparse posts. I always feel what I have or want to say has some way or another already been said or that no one will want to read it in the form in which I have written it. But through all that - two years and counting-the desire to write is still there. One of my 'goals' for the new year was to give my blog more attention. With only two posts since the year has begun I would say I haven't been actually been meeting that goal. But hey, the year is still young.

The other thing that was flying over my head until now was that I changed this blog title to Becoming a Better Me and then I didn't write anything about ME. Not one. Single. Solitary post. I'm scratching my head thinking, why haven't I written anything about ALL the things that have or for that matter have NOT happened. Then these lyrics popped into my head. They are from Erykah Badu's Tyrone and they go a little something like this:

"I'm a test this out on y'all right quick.
Now keep in mind that I'm an artist
and I'm sensitive about my sh*t."
(ha ha ha)


Now, on the ha-ha part I eh laughing, you know what I'm saying. I realised the reason I haven't written much about me is because I am SENSITIVE. But then I thought about another saying that loosely says-Nothing worth having comes easy, if it did EVERYONE would have it. I have some ideas in mind as to how I would like to go forward.


Stay tuned........."Lets See How Ya'll Groove to this"

1 comment:

Lelani said...

Haha! Show em who Mel really is. I'm ready for the show!